Blue Point Capital Partners III Closes at Hard Cap
BLUE POINT CAPITAL PARTNERS III CLOSES AT HARD CAP
We are pleased to announce the final closing of Blue Point Capital Partners III, LP. The fund exceeded its original target of $400 million and closed at the hard cap of $425 million, with LP demand in excess of the hard cap and ultimately scaled downward due to capacity constraints. The successful fundraise reflects Blue Point’s performance within its focused investment strategy, strong demand from new and existing investors, and the marketing partnership between Blue Point and Sixpoint Partners.
- Headquartered in Cleveland, OH, and with offices in Seattle, WA, Charlotte, NC, and Shanghai, China, Blue Point provides control-oriented private equity capital to North American lower middle-market companies, particularly those located within one of its three preferred regions.
- Blue Point invests in market-leading or niche-dominant companies within the manufacturing, business services, and value-added distribution sectors.
- Blue Point has a 24-year track record of partnering with companies where it can bring about accelerated growth and transformative change in partnership with companies’ management teams and Blue Point’s proven network of operating resources in the US and China.
- The current Partner group has been investing together since 1998. Founded in 1990 as Key Equity Partners, the team spun out of KeyCorp in 2000.
- Blue Point raised an oversubscribed fund with strong demand from existing and new investors.
- Fund III includes 20 new institutional relationships, including key commitments from European, Asian, and North American LPs.
- Fund III received strong support, particularly from public pensions, insurance companies, family offices, funds of funds and other institutional investors.
About Blue Point Capital Partners
Blue Point Capital is a lower middle-market private equity firm that focuses on making control-oriented investments of $10 million to $50 million in support of majority recapitalizations and management-led buyouts of privately-held companies. Blue Point seeks to invest in companies in the manufacturing, business services and distribution sectors with $20 million to $200 million in revenue and at least $5 million in EBITDA.
About Sixpoint Partners
Sixpoint Partners is a leading global investment bank focused on a diversified set of services and solutions for the middle-market private equity industry. Our core areas of focus include (i) primary fund placement, (ii) secondaries advisory and (iii) co-investment placement across a wide range of industries, strategies and geographies.